Split Mung Dal/Mung Bean/Green Gram - 1 cup
Milk - about 4 cups
Cashews - 4
Almonds/Badam - 4
Pistachios - 4
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 2 pods (seeds only)
Saffron/Kesar - few strands
Jaggery or Brown Sugar - about 4 tbsp
1. Wash Mung Dal well and cook till very soft. Slightly mash it.
2. In a thick bottom vessel, add cooked mung dal, milk, cardamom powder and bring it to a boil. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
3. Add cashew, almond, pistachio pieces and cook for 5 more min. You can add dried grapes/raisins if you like.
4. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve it. Add saffron and cook till milk is reduced a little. Continue cooking till you get the desired consistency.
5. Turn off the heat and garnish with nuts of your choice and/or saffron.