Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese Chunks - 250 gms
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Cashews - 4
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel/Saunf Seeds - 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaf - 1
Cloves/Long/Lavang - 4
Cinnamon/Dalchini - small piece
Biryani Masala or any spice mix - 1/4 tsp
Butter or Oil - about 2 tbsp
1. Wash rice 3 - 4 times in water and keep it aside.
2. Grind fennel and coriander seeds to a coarse powder.
3. Heat 1 - 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon. After a minute, add paneer chunks and green peas. Saute for about 5 minutes at low flame or till paneer turns golden brown.
4. Add fennel coriander powder, black pepper powder, cayenne pepper, biryani masala and cashews. Saute for another 2 - 3 minutes.
5. Add washed and drained rice and saute for a couple of minutes. Add 1 1/2 cup water, salt and pressure cook to one whistle. Let the pressure in the cooker drop down naturally, (15 - 20 minutes) before opening the lid.
6. Mix Paneer Peas Pulav and serve with raita.