Capsicum/Green Bell Pepper - 2 medium
Baby Corn - 100 gms
Onion - 1 medium
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
Ginger - an inch piece
Garlic - 4 big cloves
Milk - 1/2 cup
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 tbsp
Poppy Seeds/Khuskhus - 1 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel/Saunf Seeds - 1 tsp
Cashews - 6
Black Peppercorns - 5
Green Chillies - 5
1. Finely chop onions, cilantro. Dice capsicum and baby corn into big cubes. Grate ginger and garlic.
2. Grind coriander, cumin, fennel, poppy seeds, cashews, black peppercorns and green chillies to a fine paste with little water. Save the paste for later.
3. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan/kadhai. Add capsicum pieces and fry them for about 3 minutes at medium flame or till they are glazed. Keep fried capsicum aside.
4. In the same pan, fry baby corn pieces as well for 2 - 3 minutes. Keep them aside too.
5. Heat about 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and add bay leaf. After few seconds, add chopped onions, ginger and garlic. Saute till onions turn soft and pulpy.
6. Now add the ground paste and saute for 3 - 5 minutes. Add fried baby corn, chopped cilantro. Cook it covered for 2 - 3 minutes or till baby corn is cooked. Add fried capsicum and saute for a minute.
7. Add milk and bring it to a boil. Cook till you get the desired consistency.
8. Serve Baby Corn Pepper curry with chapati/roti.