Okra/Lady's Finger/Bhindi - 300 gms
Raw Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Sesame/Til Seeds - 1 1/2 tbsp
Finely Chopped Onions - 1 1/2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing - 1/4 tsp
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Jaggery or Brown Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind or Aamchur - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash okra and pat them dry. Let the okra dry for 2 - 3 hours. Slit the okra lengthwise twice, just enough to fill the stuffing.
2. Roast the peanuts in a pan till they slightly darken in colour. Let them cool.
3. Grind roasted peanuts, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, cayenne pepper, asafoetida, jaggery, tamarind and salt to a fine or slightly coarse powder. To this powder add finely chopped onions and mix. Add few drops of water and mix again.
4. Stuff this mixture in the slit okra.
5. Heat a pan and add 1 - 2 tbsp oil. Spread it to coat the pan with oil. Shallow fry the stuffed okra at low heat till they turn slightly brown and crisp. Keep turning to roast all sides well.
6. Serve crisp Bharwan Bhindi with dal rice.