Hello foodies! How is everyone?
Today's photo credit goes to my six year old. My kiddo is my sous chef these days. And photographer -:) Lately, I have been cooking pasta in my 2 quart rice cooker. Its convenient and quick. If you have one, try this One Pot Creamy Colorful Vegetable Pasta.
- Uncooked Spaghetti Pasta - about 1 cup
- Mixed Frozen (or fresh) Veggies - about 1 cup
- Cream Cheese - 2 oz.
- Mexican 4 cheese - about 1/2 cup
- Canned Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Italian Seasoning - 3/4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Herb Seasoning - 1/4 tsp
How to cook Colorful Veggie Pasta in a Rice Cooker:
- Pour 1 cup water, pasta, Italian seasoning, black pepper powder and garlic herb seasoning in the rice cooker. Put the lid on and switch it on. Meanwhile, microwave the frozen veggies for about 2 minutes. The frozen veggie mix I used had broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, green beans, yellow beans.
- Instead of water, you can use vegetable broth or chicken broth or milk to cook pasta.
- Any kind of pasta will do. I have tried with macaroni, penne. When using spaghetti, I break it into 3 or 4 pieces.
- When water in the rice cooker is absorbed, add the cooked veggies. Stir and add cream cheese and tomato sauce. Cook it covered for about 30 seconds. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Lastly, add Mexican 4 cheese and stir again. Check for salt and Rainbow Vegetable Pasta is ready. For me, this pasta gets ready in about 12 minutes.
Hope you guys like it. See you!