An easy and quick, less spicy stir fry cabbage recipe with chana dal or split chickpeas.
Ingredients:Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies - 4
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing - 1/4 tsp
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
How to cook Kobichi Bhaaji:
- Soak Chana dal in water for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash curry leaves and green chillies. Pat them dry. Finely chop cabbage, cilantro leaves and medium chop green chillies.
- Wash the soaked dal well.
- Heat about 2 tsp oil in a kadhai/wok and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida. When mustard seeds pop, add washed dal. Add about 1 cup water and cook it covered until dal softens.
- Now add chopped cabbage and green chillies. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Lastly, add salt, turmeric and chopped cilantro. Mix and cook it covered at low flame. Keep checking after every 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking till cabbage turns soft and water evaporates. You can add 1 - 2 tbsp grated coconut while cooking or as a garnish if you like.