Wheat Flour - 4 cups
Collard Greens - 300 gm
Black Peppercorn/Miri - about 8
Fennel Seeds/Saunf - 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds/Til - 1 tsp
Garlic - 2 big cloves
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
How to cook Indian Poori with Collard Greens:
- Steam/Blanch the collard green leaves with about 2 tbsp water till they wilt. Let them cool.
- Grind the blanched collard greens, ginger, garlic, fennel, peppercorn, salt to a fine puree.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, sesame seeds and the collard greens puree. Knead into a soft, firm dough. Add about 1 tsp oil and knead the dough well. Let the (covered) dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Make small lemon size balls of the dough and roll each one into round puris (5 - 6 inch diameter) either dusting some wheat flour or using oil.
- Deep fry these puris and serve Collard Greens Puri with ketchup or a curry.