All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 1/2 cup
Dessicated (Dry) Coconut - 1 cup
Brown Sugar - 1 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 pound
Almonds and Pistachios - about 20
White Sesame Seeds/Til - about 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/8 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/8 tsp
Cinnamon (Dalchini) or Cardamom (Elaichi) - 1/4 tsp
1. Heat the butter just enough to melt it. Let it cool a bit, say lukewarm.
2. In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, brown sugar, coconut, almond pistachio (or any other nuts) slices. Mix well with a spoon or a fork.
3. Now add the dry ingredients - all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Mix all the ingredients to form a dough.
4. Make round balls (about 32) of the dough and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle few sesame seeds on each dough ball.
5. Preheat the oven at 350 deg. F for about 10 minutes. Bake the cookies at 350 deg. F for about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes.