Friday calls for something special. And a special menu comes with a dessert. Today's mithai is a microwave recipe of Milk Fudge made of condensed milk and milk powder. This Doodh Pedha is instant with a cooking time of just 5 minutes.
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 396 gm/14 oz
Milk Powder - 1 1/2 cups
Unsalted Butter - 4 tbsp
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 2 pods
Saffron/Kesar - few strands (optional)
Charoli/Chironji or any nuts
How to cook Dudh Pedha in a microwave:
- Add butter to a dry microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute so that the butter melts.
- To the melted butter, add milk powder and condensed milk. Mix well with a spoon. Microwave for 3 minutes and mix after every minute.
- Now add ground cardamom and/or saffron and mix again. Microwave again for 1 minute and let the peda mix cool.
- The cooking time in a microwave may vary. So keep checking and do not let the pedha mix turn too dry.
- When it turns cold enough to handle, grease your hands with butter or ghee. Divide the pedha mix into 25 parts and roll each one between your palms to a smooth round ball. Flatten the pedhas slightly. Garnish with whole or chopped nuts of your choice and Dudh Pedha is ready to devour.
- Use cupcake liners for serving. Keep the Pedhas refrigerated. As Pedas turn hard after refrigeration, remove them from the refrigerator one hour before serving.