Milk Fudge made of condensed milk and milk powder. This Doodh Pedha is instant with a cooking time of just 5 minutes.
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 396 gm/14 oz
Milk Powder - 1 1/2 cups
Unsalted Butter - 4 tbsp
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 2 pods
Saffron/Kesar - few strands (optional)
Charoli/Chironji or any nuts
How to cook Dudh Peda in a microwave:
- Add butter to a dry microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute so that the butter melts.
- To the melted butter, add milk powder and condensed milk. Mix well with a spoon. Microwave for 3 minutes and mix after every minute.
- Now add ground cardamom and/or saffron and mix again. Microwave again for 1 minute and let the peda mix cool.
- The cooking time in a microwave may vary. So keep checking and do not let the pedha mix turn too dry.
- When it turns cold enough to handle, grease your hands with butter or ghee. Divide the pedha mix into 25 parts and roll each one between your palms to a smooth round ball. Flatten the pedhas slightly. Garnish with whole or chopped nuts of your choice and Dudh Pedha is ready to devour.
- Use cupcake liners for serving. Keep the Pedhas refrigerated. As Pedas turn hard after refrigeration, remove them from the refrigerator one hour before serving.
You can add powdered nuts while cooking as well. I have used Charoli nuts for garnish which is called Chironji in Hindi, but I have no idea of its English name. You can cook this pedha in a pan on a stove top as well. But make sure you cook the pedha mix at low flame.