|Spinach Bean Soup|
Spinach/Palak - about 3 cups
Dry White Beans - 1/3 cup
Red Onion - 1 medium
Garlic - 2 big cloves
Ginger (grated) - 1 tsp
Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
Sriracha Sauce - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
How to cook Sriracha flavored Spinach and Bean Soup:
- Soak white beans in plenty of water overnight. Wash the soaked beans well. Heat about 5 cups water in a big pot. Add the soaked beans and cook them until soft. Add more water if required. Alternatively, you can also cook the beans in a pressure cooker.
- Use any other beans of your choice. Canned beans would be fine too.
- Finely chop onions and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, ginger, garlic and sauté until onions soften. Add soy sauce and Sriracha sauce and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the cooked beans, spinach leaves and 1/2 cup water. Cook it covered until spinach wilts.
- Taste the soup for seasonings. I did not add salt, as both the sauces seasoned the soup well. Garnish with spring onions and serve with crostini.