Happy Krishna Jayanti to all! Hope you all are celebrating with your loved ones. For this year, I made a 5 minutes Condensed Milk Coconut Ladoo. Yes, cooking time for this dessert is just 5 minutes in a microwave.
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 oz (396 gm)
Desiccated (Dry) Coconut - 1 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 4 pods
Ghee/Clarified Butter - 2 tsp
Roasted Cashews - about 12
How to cook Condensed Milk Coconut Ladoo in a microwave:
- Crush the cardamom seeds in a mortar pestle to a fine powder.
- Wipe a microwave safe bowl dry. Grease the bowl with 1 tsp ghee. Add condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut. Mix well.Microwave this milk and coconut mix for 3 minutes. Stop the microwave after every minute and stir. This will avoid burning. Next, add cardamom powder to the bowl and mix again. Microwave for 1 more minute.
- Take a small portion of the cooked ladoo mixture and check if you can make a small round ball of it. If so, your ladoo mixture is ready. If not, microwave for another 30 seconds or 60 seconds. Let it cool a little.
- Alternately, you can cook this milk and coconut mix in a pan on a stove top as well.
- In a plate, add 1/4 cup desiccated coconut for rolling the ladoos. When the cooked ladoo mixture is cool enough to handle, grease your hands with ghee. Divide the mixture into 11 parts. Roll each one to make a round ball and gently press a cashew in the center of each ladoo. Lastly, coat all the ladoos in desiccated coconut and your 5 minutes Condensed Milk Coconut Ladoo is ready to devour. Serve Coconut Ladoo in cupcake liners.