Hello everyone! My first post in 2021. Wish you all a happy and blessed 2021! Recently, I blogged about an air fryer recipe. Some of my vegetarian friends asked if I could share a vegetarian dish cooked in an air fryer. One of my favorites is Sabudana Wada (Sago Cutlets). Hope you all enjoy this healthier, low fat recipe.
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Cooking Spray or Oil
How to make Sabudana Wade:
- Wash Sago twice and drain the water. Add water just enough to form a thin layer on sago. Keep it covered for 5 - 6 hours or overnight. Overnight works well for me.
- Boil the potatoes and dry roast the peanuts. After cooling, grind the peanuts to a coarse powder.
- Sago must turn almost double in size and soft to touch. If not, sprinkle some more water.
- Mix sago, boiled potatoes, roasted peanut powder, cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, chopped cilantro, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Make small balls of this mixture and flatten them.
- Grease the air fryer tray with cooking spray or oil. Place the flattened Sabudana Wade on the greased tray. Spray some more cooking spray on the wade or brush some oil.
- Cook Sabudana Wade at 400 degrees for 6 - 8 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you would like them. You can dab some more oil or more cooking spray if you like. Cooking time may vary.
Serve Sabudana Vade with Coconut Chutney or any dip you like.
Do check out my recipe of Sabudana Vade I posted in 2010. It has a special Yogurt/Curd dip, if you would like to try.