Hello everyone! Weather is getting warmer in my part of the world. Hope you all are blessed with pleasant weather too.
We all have our favorite vegetables and fruits. And multiple ways to enjoy them.. some raw, some grilled, some fried, veggie stew... and so on. Air fried vegetables .. our newest family favorite. I am sharing a few veggies which are regularly air fried in my kitchen.
Small Purple Eggplant - 4
Sweet Potato - 1 big
Zucchini - 1 medium
Black Pepper Powder - 1-2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Kashmiri Lal Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tsp
How to cook your favorite vegetables in an Airfryer?
- Wipe the washed veggies dry. Dice the veggies slightly thick.
- In a mixing bowl, add the veggie slices. Add salt, spice powders of your choice and oil. Mix well and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Kashmiri Lal is a mild chili powder, but adds a nice red color. Spanish Paprika is a good substitute for Kashmiri Lal. I use Cayenne for a little bit of heat. Garlic Herb seasoning is also one of my favorites for vegetables.
- I cooked sweet potato and zucchini with black pepper, Cayenne pepper and salt. And eggplant with Kashmiri Lal, black pepper and salt. Notice the difference in colors.
- No need to grease the Airfryer plate. Veggies are coated with enough oil. I avoid cooking different veggies together. Each vegetable has a different cooking time. Zucchini in one batch, sweet potato another, eggplant another.
- Cook the veggies at 370 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes, depending on how soft, charred you would like.
- Serve Airfried Veggies as an appetizer or as a side dish. My favorite is as a side dish with Dal Rice... my comfort food!
Enjoy healthy Zucchini, Sweet Potato, Eggplant Fries! Do share your favorite Airfried Vegetable Fries.