A bright Sunday afternoon in my part of the world. I am watching a Korean movie "Kimchi War" while getting our lunch ready in a microwave. Enjoying my long weekend! Hope your day is going well too! Today's menu... Cheesy Microwave Penne Pasta with loads of rainbow colored vegetables.
Dry Penne Pasta - 2 cups
Frozen Mixed Vegetables - about 2 cups
Half n Half - 1/2 cup
Cream Cheese - 1/4 cup
Mexican 4 Cheese - about 1/2 cup
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Granulated Garlic - 1/2 tsp
How to cook Penne Pasta with Vegetables in a Microwave:
- Microwave frozen veggies in a big microwave safe plate/bowl for 2 minutes. Check with a fork if all the veggies are cooked, depending on how soft or crunchy you want the veggies. Microwave another 30 - 60 seconds if required.
- Set the cooked veggies aside in another bowl.
- In the same microwave safe plate/bowl, add dry pasta of any kind you like. Add 1 cup of water and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and add half n half to the pasta. Microwave for another 2 minutes. Instead of half n half, you can use milk, vegetable broth or chicken broth as well. Add more water if required.
- Continue microwaving the pasta at 1 minute or 2 minute intervals, until the pasta is cooked al dente. For my microwave, Penne pasta took 8 minutes to cook. Smaller pasta like macaroni will definitely cook faster, less than 8 minutes.
- Now add cream cheese to the cooked pasta. Microwave for another minute. Stir well and add all the seasonings - dry Italian herbs, black pepper powder, garlic powder and salt. Bear in mind all cheeses have salt in them. Some seasoning blends have salt in them too.
- Sometimes I add onion powder, little cayenne pepper too. Feel free to add more flavors of your choice.
- Microwave for another minute and add cooked veggies. Stir and microwave for another minute. Lastly, add Mexican 4 Cheese or any kind of melting cheese. Microwave for one more minute and you are done. Based on how creamy you would like your pasta, add more or less cheese.
- Top it with melted butter, bread crumbs mix and microwave for another minute for more rich flavor.
Enjoy Microwave Pasta with Garlic Bread! I'll get back to my movie. Until next time, Happy Cooking!
Post a Comment
Comments, Suggestions and Feedback are welcome.
Any comment with a Link/URL or any kind of promotion will not be published.