Hello everyone! I have been quite busy with back to school routine. Packing a lunch box for my 7 year old is part of my weekday morning. For some reason, my kiddo likes beetroot. Today's kid friendly Airfried Beetroot Vegan Nuggets are packed with colorful root vegetables and greens. Its a family favorite now.. one that works well as a hot meal in my child's thermos. We grownups love these cutlets too.
Boiled Potato - 1 big (about 1 cup)
Grated Beetroot - about 1/2 cup
Grated Carrot - about 1/2 cup
Frozen Green Peas - 1/4 cup
Chopped Baby Spinach - about 1/2 cup
Whole Wheat Bread Slices - 2
Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
Onion Powder - 1/2 tsp
Paprika - 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cooking Spray or Oil
How to Airfry Vegan Mixed Vegetable Nuggets:
- Blend the bread slices in a food processor to a fine powder. Microwave frozen peas for 40 - 50 seconds. Let the peas cool down. Finely chop spinach leaves. Finely grate beets and carrots.
- Make sure spinach leaves are completely dry.
- Let the boiled potato completely cool down. This reduces moisture in the cutlet mix. I boil potato at night in a pressure cooker and put it in the refrigerator. By morning, its ready for cutlets/nuggets.
- Peel the boiled potato.
- In a mixing bowl, add potato, beets, carrots, peas, spinach, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Mash the potato and mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add half of the bread crumbs and mix again. Taste for seasoning and add more or less to suit your taste. These cutlets taste good with Garlic and Herb Seasoning or with Indian spices like Tandoori Masala, Garam Masala as well.
- Depending on the moisture of the veggies, you might need more or less bread crumbs. Too much moisture will make the cutlets fall apart and too little make the cutlets hard.
- In such cutlets/nuggets, I avoid veggies like zucchini which are high in water content. Fresh cauliflower is also a good option. I avoid frozen cauliflower as it might make the veggie mix too moist.
- Grease the Airfryer tray with oil or cooking spray.
- Pour remaining half bread crumbs on a plate for coating.
- Make 10 - 12 round balls of the veggie mix and flatten them. Coat these flattened cutlets with the bread crumbs.
- Place these bread coated Veggie Nuggets on the greased tray. Do not overcrowd the airfryer. Brush them with oil or use cooking spray.
- Airfry Vegan Nuggets at 370 degrees F for 5 minutes. Flip the nuggets and airfry for another 3-5 minutes, depending on how crunchy you would like it.
Airfried Vegan Nuggets are ready to serve. My kiddo doesn't like any dipping sauce. I like it with Ranch. Enjoy with your favorite sauce.
Post a Comment
Comments, Suggestions and Feedback are welcome.
Any comment with a Link/URL or any kind of promotion will not be published.