Hey Foodies! Nice sunny weather in my part of the world. Hope all is well in yours as well. Its been a while I blogged about an Indian Curry. Since my kiddo went back to school, I get to cook spinach based recipes for lunch. Today's Mixed Vegetables Curry is a new favorite at our place.
Baby Spinach - about 3 cups
Frozen Cut Cauliflower - 12 oz (340g)
Frozen Green Peas - 1 cup
Medium Onion - 1
Small Tomato - 2
Garlic/Lahsun - 2 big cloves
Ginger/Adrak - 1 tsp (grated)
Fennel/Badishep/Saunf seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 2 pods (seeds only)
Cloves/Lavang/Laung - 5
Black Peppercorns/Kali Miri/Kali Mirch - about 10
Roasted Cashews/Kaju - 8
Half n Half - 1/2 cup (optional)
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
How to cook Gobi Matar in a Palak Sauce/Gravy:
- Microwave frozen peas for about 2 minutes. Set it aside.
- Roasting Cauliflower florets: Grease the airfryer tray with cooking spray or oil. Add frozen cauliflower and spray some more cooking spray. Airfry cauliflower at 370 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Keep tossing after every 3 minutes. Alternatively, cauliflower can be roasted in a pan or an oven as well.
- Roasted vegetables taste better in my opinion. Vegetables like Zucchini, Bell Peppers or Mushrooms or Chickpeas all taste good in this Onion Tomato Spinach Sauce.
- While cauliflower is getting roasted in airfryer, get the sauce ready. Julienne slice onions, garlic and tomato.
- Indian Onion Tomato Sauce: In a pan, heat oil. Add whole spices - green cardamom seeds, cloves, peppercorns, fennel seeds. Saute for few seconds. Add onions and saute until onions soften. Now add tomato and saute until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add more or less peppercorns for more or less heat to the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add spinach leaves, cashews. Cover with a lid for 15 - 20 minutes. Spinach leaves will wilt in the hot, covered pan.
- In a blender/mixer, add cooked onion tomato spinach and half n half. Blend until the sauce is smooth. Instead of half n half, you can use heavy cream or whole milk or sour cream as well. Or you can skip half n half. Add water if required to blend the sauce.
- In the same pan, add the sauce. Add roasted cauliflower, green peas, salt and chat masala. Stir and cook it covered on medium heat. Bring it to a boil and taste for seasonings.
- For more spice, add a pinch of any Indian spice mix like Garam Masala, Kitchen King Masala, Tandoori Masala. I did not add any additional spice mix.
- Serve Indian Palak Gobi Matar Curry with Roti, Naan, Rice.
Until next post, Take Care!
Post a Comment
Comments, Suggestions and Feedback are welcome.
Any comment with a Link/URL or any kind of promotion will not be published.