Hey everyone! Weather is so unpredictable. Yesterday was so bright, sunny and today morning we woke up to a cloudy day. I crave for hot soup with crusty bread on such days. Other than me, no one cares for soup in my family. But sweet, tangy noodles are liked by everyone. Our lunch today was Mixed Veggie Pad Thai Noodles made with store bought sauce.
Chopped Cabbage/Pata Gobi - about 3 cups
Sliced Carrots - about 1/2 cup
Sliced Zucchini - about 1/2 cup
Sliced Red Bell Pepper - about 1/2 cup
Green Onions/Spring Onions - 5 sprigs
Brown Rice Noodles - about 200 g
Oil - 1 tbsp
Store Bought Pad Thai Sauce - about 3 tbsp
- Chop all the veggies of your choice. Finely chop green onions. Save the green parts for later.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and set it aside.
How I cooked Veggie Rice Noodles in a store bought Pad Thai Sauce:
- In a pan, heat oil. Add carrots, zucchini and green onions (white parts). Saute until zucchini turns transparent and carrots soften. Add bell peppers and saute for 30 seconds. Next, add cabbage and 2 tbsp of Pad Thai Sauce.
- Stir and add cooked noodles. Stir at low heat until noodles and veggies are mixed well with sauce. Taste and add more sauce if required. I added one more tbsp of sauce. Add green onions and stir until everything is mixed well.
- If you like your noodles spicy, add 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper or Sriracha sauce.
- Top with crushed peanuts and garnish with lemon slices.
Enjoy Pad Thai Noodles with lots of colorful vegetables.