Hello world! Hope you are having an amazing day! Our week long Thanksgiving break just flew by. We got to catch up with some of our friends, after ages. For one of the potluck parties, I made this quick Microwave version of North Indian Rabdi. All my friends loved it. Do try this in your kitchen and let me know!
Full Fat Ricotta Cheese - 2 lb
Whole Milk - 1/2 cup
Dark Brown Sugar - about 1/4 cup
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 4 pods (seeds only)
Saffron/Kesar- few strands
How to cook Ricotta Cheese Rabdi in a microwave:
- Crush green cardamom seeds in a mortar pestle. Set it aside.
- In a big microwave safe bowl, add milk and ricotta cheese. Stir well. Microwave this milk ricotta mix for 5 minutes. Stop the microwave after every minute and stir. Cover the bowl with paper towel to avoid splattering in the microwave.
- If not a microwave, you can cook this in a heavy bottom pan as well.
- When you get the desired consistency, add sugar, crushed cardamom and saffron. Microwave for another minute or so.
- Instead of milk and sugar, you can use sweetened condensed milk as well.
- Garnish with sliced pistachios or any nuts of your choice. Enjoy North Indian Rabdi chilled or warm.