Hey everyone! How is life? My part of the world is cloudy, yet beautiful for a walk. Today's recipe is especially dear to me. Why? My pickiest family member ate it with gusto. My kiddo eats healthy home cooked food, but very specific and only a few items. I get a sense of accomplishment when I can add an item to my child's limited menu. Here it is: Air fried Marathi style Batatachya Kachrya.
Russet Potato - 4 medium
Paprika - 1 tsp
Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Aamchur/Dry Mango powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - about 1/2 tsp
Cooking Spray or Oil
How to cook crispy Potatoes in an Air Fryer:
- Soak the potatoes in a big bowl of water for about an hour. I cook the potatoes with skin. Soaking makes scrubbing the potatoes easier. Skip the soaking if you like to peel the skin off potatoes.
- Wipe the cleaned potatoes with a kitchen towel. Dice the dried potatoes the way you like.
- Grease the airfryer tray with cooking spray or oil. Add diced potatoes, 1 tbsp oil, salt, turmeric, paprika, cayenne, aamchur to the greased tray. Mix it well with your hands or a spatula. I prefer mixing with hands.
- I used paprika for color and cayenne for a little heat. For color, Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder works great too. Feel free to use black pepper powder as an alternative to cayenne. Aamchur adds a slight tang to the potatoes. You can use chat masala too if you like.
- Air fry the potatoes at 375 degrees F for about 8 minutes. Toss the potatoes and cook for another 4 - 5 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the potatoes to be.