Fried Bread with Fenugreek/Methi leaves and Carom seeds/Ajwain.
Fenugreek/Methi Leaves - a bunch
Wheat Flour - about 2 cups
Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Owa - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
1. Add finely chopped Fenugreek leaves (with tender stems), wheat flour, carom seeds, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Knead all the above to a firm dough using little water. Add more wheat flour, if required.
2. I have used fresh fenugreek leaves, you can use frozen Methi or dry Kasoori Methi.
3. Knead the dough well with a few drops of oil. Keep the dough (covered) aside for about 20 - 30 minutes.
4. Make small lemon sized balls and roll each one into round puris (about 5 - 6 inch diameter) dusting some wheat flour.
5. Deep fry these puris and serve with potato bhaji or any curry you like.