Fried Bread with Fenugreek/Methi leaves and Carom seeds/Ajwain.
Fenugreek/Methi Leaves - a bunch
Wheat Flour - about 2 cups
Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Owa - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
1. Add finely chopped Fenugreek leaves (with tender stems), wheat flour, carom seeds, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Knead all the above to a firm dough using little water. Add more wheat flour, if required.
2. I have used fresh fenugreek leaves, you can use frozen Methi or dry Kasoori Methi.
3. Knead the dough well with a few drops of oil. Keep the dough (covered) aside for about 20 - 30 minutes.
4. Make small lemon sized balls and roll each one into round puris (about 5 - 6 inch diameter) dusting some wheat flour.
5. Deep fry these puris and serve with potato bhaji or any curry you like.
Wow! Wow! Looks so yummy Uma, i wish i could have some of your puri's:-)ReplyDelete
oh my, this looks so good. very healthy too.ReplyDelete
such a flavourful and healthy puri, looks greatReplyDelete
Love the flavour of methi, it gives such a nice taste as well and puri looks really good, must be very delicious....ReplyDelete
puris sound yummy...easy to make tooReplyDelete
sounds interesting dear..ReplyDelete
puri looks healthy and delicious :-)
These look lovely and tasty.They are good for lunch boxes and picnics.ReplyDelete
Such a flavourful and interesting puri, looks super delicious..ReplyDelete
very intriguing puri uma, sounds like a must try...!ReplyDelete
hi uma, I too have posted methi pooris earlier. Your's look perfect and tempting.ReplyDelete
Lovely and flavorful puris..sounds a fantastic recipe..must try this...thanks dear:)ReplyDelete
i love meethi ki puriReplyDelete
and this one looks fantastic
yummy n delicious puris :)ReplyDelete
Delicious! I love methi and love to use ajwain in my breads, great combo :)ReplyDelete
can i use dry methi leaves instead of fresh one pl mail meReplyDelete
sure, dry methi leaves can be used..ReplyDelete