Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Eggs - 4
Spring/Green Onions - about 2 cups
Green Peas/Matar - 1 cup
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
Green Chillies - 2
Bay Leaf - 1
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel/Saunf Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 5 big cloves
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder/Kali Miri - 1/4 tsp
Chicken Masala or any spice mix - 1/2 tsp
How to cook Egg Rice:
- Finely chop spring onions (both green and white parts), green chilies, garlic and cilantro.
- Wash rice 3 - 4 times in water, drain the water. Cook the rice in 1 1/2 cups water with little salt.
- Boil the eggs in about 5 cups water for 12 - 15 minutes. After cooling, remove the shells. Make long slits in the eggs with a knife without breaking them.
- Grind coriander seeds and fennel seeds to a coarse powder.
- Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add bay leaf and cumin. After few seconds, add green peas, spring onions, green chilies and garlic. Sauté till peas are cooked.
- Now add coriander fennel powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper powder, chicken masala and little salt (enough for the veggies). Saute for a minute or so and add 2 tbsp water. Add the eggs and saute at low flame till the water evaporates.
- Lastly, add cooked rice and sauté at low flame to mix all the ingredients well. Add chopped cilantro and cook it covered for 2 - 3 minutes at low flame.