Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Eggs - 4
Spring/Green Onions - about 2 cups
Green Peas/Matar - 1 cup
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
Green Chillies - 2
Bay Leaf - 1
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel/Saunf Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 5 big cloves
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder/Kali Miri - 1/4 tsp
Chicken Masala or any spice mix - 1/2 tsp
1. Finely chop spring onions (both green and white parts), green chillies, garlic and cilantro.
2. Wash rice 3 - 4 times in water, drain the water. Cook the rice in 1 1/2 cups water with little salt.
3. Boil the eggs in about 5 cups water for 12 - 15 minutes. After cooling, remove the shells. Make long slits in the eggs with a knife without breaking them.
4. Grind coriander seeds and fennel seeds to a coarse powder.
5. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add bay leaf and cumin. After few seconds, add green peas, spring onions, green chillies and garlic. Saute till peas are cooked.
6. Now add coriander fennel powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper powder, chicken masala and little salt (enough for the veggies). Saute for a minute or so and add 2 tbsp water. Add the eggs and saute at low flame till the water evaporates.
7. Lastly, add cooked rice and saute at low flame to mix all the ingredients well. Add chopped cilantro and cook it covered for 2 - 3 minutes at low flame.
8. Serve Veggie Egg Rice with raita or plain curd.