Baking is such a healthier alternative for deep frying. Today's recipe is of a baked, low calorie, crunchy appetizer. You won't even miss your favorite fried chicken. Even kids will love these chicken bites.
Boneless Chicken - 1 pound
Corn Flakes (Cereal) - 1/2 cup
French Fried Onions - 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour/Maida - 1/4 cup
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 1 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic and Herb Seasoning - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Cajun Seasoning - 1 tsp
Egg - 1
Cooking Spray or Oil
How to bake Crunchy Chicken Wings:
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it with cooking spray or oil. Cooking spray works best for me.
- Blend corn flakes cereal and fried onions in a food processor to a coarse powder. Add it to a big plate. Now add all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, fresh ground black pepper, garlic herb seasoning and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl, add egg, salt and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Beat it well.
- In another mixing bowl, add lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and salt. Dice the chicken into bite size pieces and add it to the bowl. Mix to coat the chicken well.
- Add one chicken piece at a time to the beaten egg. Then roll each one in the corn onion flour mix and place it on the greased baking tray. Use one hand to coat chicken with egg and other to coat the corn onion flour mix.
- Refrigerate the baking tray for about an hour or until you are ready to bake.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Apply some cooking spray (or oil) to the chicken nuggets. Bake for about 6 - 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Cut a big chicken piece and check if it is cooked. If not, bake for another few minutes.
- Use any of your favorite seasonings or spice mixes - Garam Masala, Tandoori Masala, Chipotle Seasoning. Instead of baking, you can deep fry these nuggets as well.
Healthy way of eating chicken nuggests..Delicious!ReplyDelete
Wow, such a guilt free crunchy chicken nuggets, feel like grabbing and having some.ReplyDelete
Love this version,healthy and yumReplyDelete
yummy n easy 2 make..ReplyDelete
First time here! Lovely blog!ReplyDelete