Hello everyone! Hope all is well in your world. I am back after a couple years. Thank you readers for all the sweet emails. Appreciate you guys checking on us. What's new in your life? Many events happened in my life, some happy, some bittersweet...
Lets talk about food now. So.. air frying is the new thing in my kitchen. For today, I'll share my recipe of Healthy Chicken Nuggets. Not deep fried and cooking time is 10 minutes.
Chicken Breasts (skinless) - about 1 pound
Black Pepper Powder - about 1tsp
Red Chili Powder or Paprika - about 1tsp
Whole Wheat Flour/Indian Atta - 1/4 cup
Nonstick Cooking Spray or Oil
How to cook crispy delicious Chicken Nuggets in an Airfryer:
- Chop chicken into pieces, depending on big or small you would like. In a mixing bowl, add chicken pieces, about 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1/4 tsp red chili powder and salt to taste. Mix well and refrigerate for about 2 hours. I use Kashmiri Lal Mirch which gives nice color to the chicken. Spanish Paprika is also a good alternative for adding color. Based on the spice level you like, add more or less of black pepper and chili powder.
- Place the air fryer tray in the fryer basket. Grease the air fryer tray with cooking spray or oil.
- In a big plate, add whole wheat flour, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, 1/4 tsp red chili powder and pinch of salt. Mix well. You can use regular all purpose flour (maida) or rice flour to coat the chicken as well. Or egg, flour, bread crumbs coating too. I find it too time consuming. I like just the flour coating.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour mix, one at a time. Place the flour coated chicken on the greased tray. Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Spray some more cooking spray on the chicken nuggets.
- Cook the chicken at 360 degrees for 6 minutes. Toss the chicken a little and cook for another 4 minutes. I used the recommended cooking temperature and time in my air fryer manual. Please know the cooking time may vary depending on the air fryer or oven you use.
Serve Crispy Chicken Nuggets with sides you like. I served with ranch and thousand island.
Enjoy! See you soon. Stay in touch!