Hey everyone! It is 10:00 am in my part of the world. Hope you all are doing well. These days I cook a lot at home, even on weekends. Eating out at a restaurant or getting home delivery is no longer convenient. This weekend I ended up cooking White Rice Noodles with loads of veggies. I haven't found healthier brown rice noodles made entirely of brown rice yet.
If noodles are your favorite too, do try this. Feel free to tweak the ingredients.
Rice Noodles - 8 oz (225 g)
Bell Peppers - about 1/2 cup
Sliced Carrots - about 1/2 cup
Sliced Cabbage - about 1 cup
Red Onions - about 1/4 cup
Green Onions - 8 sprigs
Baby Spinach - about 1/2 cup
Peanut Butter - 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Sriracha Sauce - 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
How to cook Veggie Rice Noodles with Peanut Butter:
- Slice all the veggies of your choice. Save some greens of the green onions for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce and Sriracha sauce. Mix well and set it aside. All these sauces have enough salt. I did not add any additional salt. Feel free to add more or less sauce depending on your taste buds.
- Cook rice noodles according to the package instructions. I cooked the noodles for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and add 1 - 2 tbsp oil. Add red onions and green onions (white parts). Sauté for about a minute. Add carrots, bell peppers and cabbage. Sauté for a couple minutes or until cabbage wilts a little. Lastly, add baby spinach. Sauté for 30 seconds and add the mixed sauces. Mix well. Add cooked rice noodles. Sauté at low flame until all the noodles and veggies are coated well with the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice. Mix well and give it a taste. Add more lemon juice or salt or any sauce you prefer. Lemon juice is a healthier alternative to cut down salt and adds more flavor.
Enjoy Vegetable Noodles sprinkled with peanuts and lemon slices!