Pastry Sheet - 1
Eggs - 7
Onion - 1 big
Green Chillies - 10
Garlic - 4 big cloves
Cilantro/Coriander leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala or Aamchur - 1/4 tsp
1. Thaw the pastry sheets as per the instructions. It takes about 40 minutes.
2. Boil 6 eggs in water for 10 - 15 minutes. After cooling, remove the shells and cut the eggs in halves. Discard the yolk and roughly dice the eggs. You can add yolk if you like.
3. Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grated garlic. When cumin seeds darken, add finely chopped onions and green chillies. Add little salt and saute till onions soften.
4. Add diced eggs, little more salt, chat masala and chopped cilantro. Saute at low flame for about 5 minutes or till all the ingredients are mixed well. Let this stuffing cool.
5. Cut each pastry sheet into 4 pieces or as desired. Place 2 - 3 tbsp stuffing in the centre of each cut pastry sheet. Fold the pastry sheet to form a rectangular or triangle shape. Seal the edges and press with a fork. Use few drops of water if required.
6. Place these stuffed pastries on a greased baking tray. For egg wash, beat an egg in bowl. Brush this egg wash on all the stuffed pastries.
7. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 400 deg. F. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or till the the pastries puff up and turn golden brown. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with tomato ketchup.