Pastry Sheet - 1
Eggs - 7
Onion - 1 big
Green Chillies - 10
Garlic - 4 big cloves
Cilantro/Coriander leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala or Aamchur - 1/4 tsp
How to bake Indian Egg Puffs or Pattice:
- Thaw the pastry sheets as per the instructions. It takes about 40 minutes.
- Boil 6 eggs in water for 10 - 15 minutes. After cooling, remove the shells and cut the eggs in halves. Discard the yolk and roughly dice the eggs. You can add yolk if you like.
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grated garlic. When cumin seeds darken, add finely chopped onions and green chilies. Add little salt and sauté till onions soften.
- Add diced eggs, little more salt, chat masala and chopped cilantro. Sauté at low flame for about 5 minutes or till all the ingredients are mixed well. Let this stuffing cool.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 pieces or as desired. Place 2 - 3 tbsp stuffing in the center of each cut pastry sheet. Fold the pastry sheet to form a rectangular or triangle shape. Seal the edges and press with a fork. Use few drops of water if required.
- Place these stuffed pastries on a greased baking tray. For egg wash, beat an egg in bowl. Brush this egg wash on all the stuffed pastries.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or till the the pastries puff up and turn golden brown. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with tomato ketchup.