Pastry Sheet - 1
Eggs - 7
Onion - 1 big
Green Chillies - 10
Garlic - 4 big cloves
Cilantro/Coriander leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera seeds - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala or Aamchur - 1/4 tsp
How to bake Indian Egg Puffs or Pattice:
- Thaw the pastry sheets as per the instructions. It takes about 40 minutes.
- Boil 6 eggs in water for 10 - 15 minutes. After cooling, remove the shells and cut the eggs in halves. Discard the yolk and roughly dice the eggs. You can add yolk if you like.
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grated garlic. When cumin seeds darken, add finely chopped onions and green chilies. Add little salt and sauté till onions soften.
- Add diced eggs, little more salt, chat masala and chopped cilantro. Sauté at low flame for about 5 minutes or till all the ingredients are mixed well. Let this stuffing cool.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 pieces or as desired. Place 2 - 3 tbsp stuffing in the center of each cut pastry sheet. Fold the pastry sheet to form a rectangular or triangle shape. Seal the edges and press with a fork. Use few drops of water if required.
- Place these stuffed pastries on a greased baking tray. For egg wash, beat an egg in bowl. Brush this egg wash on all the stuffed pastries.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or till the the pastries puff up and turn golden brown. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with tomato ketchup.
Its my fav and didnt make it since a long time.....its looks so crispy and so yummy...ReplyDelete
Egg puffs looks perfect, crispy, crunchy, yummy and tempting. Thanks for this lovely recipe.ReplyDelete
My mouth is watering looking at those puffs! wow...very tempting!ReplyDelete
thats my fav. love to snack on this whenever am in the local bakery. would love to try this your way but I have to make the pastry sheets also and that takes half the fun away.ReplyDelete
Looks very good, my husband's all time favourite.ReplyDelete
Our family's favourite, we love it anytime..ReplyDelete
Love this puffs..I made with vegetables!ReplyDelete
Puffs are perfect and looks like store bought..and i like to include the yolk of the egg as well in puffs.ReplyDelete
nice..I actually was looking for something like that!!ReplyDelete
Few days back I made this kind of puffs wuth fish..next time will try yours....ReplyDelete
i love these puffs ...thanks uma for giving me such a delicious visual treat ..ReplyDelete
wow so lovely one...ReplyDelete
My fav..looks so perfect and yummy!!ReplyDelete
My favorite..looks so perfect and yummyReplyDelete
wow, this one looks so good, my fav toooooo, yum yumReplyDelete
My Fav:) yummy .... they have come out fluffy and nice golden....ReplyDelete