Canned Pineapple Chunks - 227 gm (about 1 cup)
Rava/Sooji/Semolina - 1 cup
Ghee/Clarified Butter - 5 tbsp
Sugar - about 1/4 cup
Water - 3 cups
Cashews/Kaju or any other dry fruits - 1/4 cup
Green Cardamom/Elaichi - 2 pods
Saffron/Kesar - few strands
How to cook Pineapple Sheera:
- Crush cardamom seeds and saffron in a mortar pestle to a fine powder.
- Finely chop the pineapple chunks. Roughly chop cashews.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry cashews until slightly brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining 4 tbsp ghee. Add semolina. Roast it at low heat until semolina changes slightly in color and turns aromatic.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 cups of water in a pot.
- When water starts boiling, add it to the roasted semolina. Lower the heat and let the semolina absorb the water.
- Lastly, add sugar, fried cashews, cardamom, saffron and chopped pineapple. Stir and cook it covered at low heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until moisture is completely lost. Turn off the heat and garnish Sheera with pineapple chunks or fried cashews.