Boiled Eggs - 6
Fenugreek/Methi Leaves - a bunch
Onions - 2 medium
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Garlic - 4 big cloves
Cilantro Leaves - few sprigs
Dry Red Chillies (Byadagi) - 8
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 tbsp
Poppy Seeds/Khuskhus - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala or any other spice mix - 1/4 tsp
1. Roughly chop washed fenugreek leaves (with tender stems). Roughly chop onions, tomatoes, ginger and garlic. Finely chop cilantro.
2. Remove the shells of the boiled eggs and prick them several times with a fork.
3. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onions. Saute till onions turn soft and transparent. Add chopped ginger, garlic and tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes turn soft. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Grind all these sauteed ingredients, red chillies, coriander seeds, poppy seeds to a fine paste with little water.
4. Heat 1 - 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped fenugreek leaves. Saute till leaves wilt and the raw smell goes off, about 5 minutes. Add the ground paste and bring it to a boil.
5. Add salt, pricked eggs, garam masala, chopped cilantro leaves and mix. Cook it covered for 15 - 20 minutes or till you get the desired consistency.
6. Serve hot Anda Methi with rice or roti.