1. Peel the pumpkin skin and grate it.
2. In a mixing bowl, add grated pumpkin, grated coconut (fresh or frozen), idli rava, jaggery, salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Add more or less sugar to suit your taste.
3. Grease the idli plates with little coconut oil or clarified butter or any other oil.
4. Add the above mixture in the idli mold/mould and steam it for about 12 - 15 minutes.
5. Remove the cooker lid and let it cool for 5 -7 minutes. If the lid is not removed after cooking, the idlis will turn too moist. Cooling will help the idlis come off easily without breaking.
6. Pumpkin idli is ready to serve with Ghee/Clarified butter or coconut chutney.