How to cook Konkani Dudde Idli:
- Peel the pumpkin skin and grate it.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated pumpkin, grated coconut (fresh or frozen), idli rava, jaggery, salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Add more or less sugar to suit your taste.
- Grease the idli plates with little coconut oil or clarified butter or any other oil.
- Add the above mixture in the idli mold/mould and steam it for about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooker lid and let it cool for 5 -7 minutes. If the lid is not removed after cooking, the idlis will turn too moist. Cooling will help the idlis come off easily without breaking.