Cauliflower/Gobhi - 200 gms
Potatoes - 2 medium
Onion - 1 big
Ginger - 1 tsp
Garlic - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 6
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeri/Haldi - 1/2 tsp
1. Heat about 3 cups water in a pot. Add little salt, cauliflower florets and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat and drain the water after 5 minutes.
2. Peel the potato skin and dice it into bite sized pieces. Place the diced potatoes in a bowl of water. Medium chop the onions and green chillies.
3. Coarsely grind cumin and coriander seeds.
4. Heat 1 - 2 tbsp oil in a pan or a kadhai. Add grated ginger, garlic, chopped green chillies and saute for a minute or two. Add onions and saute till onions turn soft.
5. Add diced potatoes and about 1/2 cup water. Mix and cook it covered at low flame. When potatoes turn soft, add cauliflower florets, ground cumin coriander and turmeric. Saute for about 5 minutes. Check if both potatoes and cauliflower are cooked.
6. Add salt (just enough for potatoes) and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Turn off the heat when all the ingredients are mixed well.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro/coriander leaves and serve with roti or rice.