Aloo Methi is the most loved combo in my family. This recipe is a mix of my previous posts - Aloo Paratha and Methi Thepla.
Methi/Fenugreek Leaves - a bunch
Green Chillies - 4
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Besan/Gram Flour - about 1/4 cup
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/2 tsp
Sesame/Til - 1 tsp
Curd/Yogurt - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Potatoes - 2 big
Green Chillies - 5
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing - 1/4 tsp
Butter or Oil Salt
1. Mix chopped fenugreek leaves, crushed green chillies, wheat flour, gram flour, turmeric, sesame, salt, sugar and curd well in a mixing bowl.
2. Knead all the above into a soft dough. If required, add more wheat flour. Use 1 tbsp oil and knead well to avoid stickiness of the dough. Keep the dough covered for 20 - 30 minutes.
3. Boil and peel the potatoes. Finely chop cilantro leaves and green chillies.
4. In a mixing bowl, add peeled potatoes, chopped cilantro, green chillies, asafoetida, cumin and salt. Mash the potatoes and mix all the ingredients well. Make balls of this potato stuffing. 5. Make balls of the Fenugreek dough and roll them big enough to hold the potato stuffing. Place the potato stuffing and seal the edges completely.
7. Roll each one as thin as chapati or slightly thicker.
8. Roast both sides of the paratha using butter or oil till golden brown.