Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Button Mushrooms - 250 gmsOnion - 1 medium
Garlic - 4 cloves
Cashews - 8
Cilantro/Coriander leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/2 tsp
Biryani Masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
Butter or Oil
1. Wash rice 3 - 4 times with water. Cook rice with 1 1/2 cups water and little salt. Save it for later. You can use leftover rice as well.
2. Meanwhile, wash the mushrooms well and pat them dry. Alternately, you can clean the mushrooms by wiping with a wet cloth. Slice the mushrooms. Medium chop the onions, finely chop garlic and cilantro.
3. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai/wok. Add cumin seeds and garlic. Saute for a minute and add chopped onions. When onions turn soft, add sliced mushrooms and turmeric.
4. Mushrooms will start turning watery. Saute till mushrooms turn brown and water is lost. Add red chilli powder, biryani masala, black pepper powder, little salt and cashew pieces.
5. Now add cooked rice and finely chopped cilantro. Saute for about 5 minutes at low flame till all the ingredients are mixed well.
6. Serve Mushroom Fried Rice with curd or cucumber raita.
wow very tempting n spicy rice uma...nice recipe n good picReplyDelete
nice..flavorful rice pilaf.. I like mushrooms ..n this is one good recipe..ReplyDelete
Mushroom rice looks so lovely and delicious.ReplyDelete
This is one of my Fav.I love maushroom in any form.You dish looks yummyReplyDelete
Wish u the same :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting my blog and for ur lovely comments!!!
Mushroom look very tempting and delicious tooo...
Rice look yum! although i am not a big fan of mushrooms, this looks so inviting.ReplyDelete
Looks delicious and tempting.I like mushrooms and the recipes.ReplyDelete
Thank you all for ur sweet n kind words!.. I appreciate it.ReplyDelete
i love mushrooms too and i have made it in a different way ...will surely try your version too as it really seems delicious...and happy woman's day umaReplyDelete
Awww, this recipe is just screaming my name. I love mushrooms, any kind! I might probably even have more mushrooms than rice! MMM, i can imagine the richness of the rice from the woody mushrooms.ReplyDelete
Looks yummy and method is not difficult at all ... need to try this soon :) Thanks for the recipe!ReplyDelete
Thanks Sushma, Vickys, Preeti for such encouraging comments..ReplyDelete
that sounds delicious! what an interesting addition those cashews are!ReplyDelete
Thanks Dana!.. I add cashews to all rice dishes..ReplyDelete