Pastry SheetsPotato - 1 medium
Onions - 1 medium
Chopped Carrots - 1/2 cup
Chopped French Beans - 1/2 cup
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Corn - 1/2 cup
Collard Greens or any other leafy vegetable - 1/2 cup
Coriander/Cilantro Leaves - 1/2 cupGreen Chillies - 4
Garlic - 3 big cloves
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala or Aamchur - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala or any spice mix - 1/4 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Thaw the frozen pastry sheets as per the instructions.
2. Finely chop onions, garlic, green chillies, collard greens, cilantro. Chop carrots, French beans, potato into small cubes. You can use any other veggies like cauliflower, cabbage, spinach etc.
3. Heat 1 - 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, finely chopped garlic, green chillies and saute for a minute. Now add onions and saute till onions turn soft.
4. Add diced potatoes and cook at low flame. When potatoes turn soft, add peas, carrots, corn and french beans. Saute till veggies turn soft.
5. Now add turmeric, chat masala, garam masala, collard greens and salt. Continue cooking till moisture is lost. Turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro. Mix and let this stuffing cool.
6. Cut the pastry sheet as per desired size of the puffs. Place the stuffing in the centre of the pastry sheet, apply few drops of water at the edges and seal the edges with finger tips. Press the edges with a fork.
7. Grease a baking tray with butter or oil. Place the stuffed pastries on the baking tray and brush each one with butter or oil.8. Preheat the oven at 400 F. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or till the puffs turn golden brown. Serve Veggie Puffs with tomato ketchup or chutney.
That's a perfect snack dear.ReplyDelete
A perfectly packed snack to go along with a hot cup of tea. Looks so tempting. yummReplyDelete
excellent puffs so beautifulReplyDelete
achha hai bakery mein ab veg puff ke paise bach jayenge...but i dont have oven here...so jab ghar jaunga to maa ko kahunga banane ke liye...filhal ye recipe bhi note down ho gayi hai :)ReplyDelete
wat a veg puff dear...perfect cute recipe...ReplyDelete
I love any type of snacks a lot....and that too pufffs is my all time fav too....loved the shape of ur puffs and yummy looking...ReplyDelete
My all time favourite, prefect snacks!!ReplyDelete
Perfect snack anytime, i just love puffs and you have done it nicely too uma...ReplyDelete
Wooow very nice perfect veggie puff dear, our's faav quick n easy snack Uma.ReplyDelete
Uma,,Veggie puff looks perfect dear I like veggie stuffing than the non-veg one for the pastry puffs.It taste good in the winter day evening time.ReplyDelete
perfect shape and puff look soooo tempting. can i have one for my evening tea.ReplyDelete
My fav snack .... looks delicous.ReplyDelete
it is mouthwatering here ... i love puff and this looks so perfect ..ReplyDelete
Puffs are my all time fav snacks and this looks awesomeReplyDelete
Healty...with so many veggiesReplyDelete
good one!they taste really nice! I have tried those!!!ReplyDelete
first time here...u really hv nice blog...puffs are my fav snack of all time...this looks delicious dear...yumReplyDelete
All time fav..Looks delicious puffs.ReplyDelete
Crispy and yummy Puff...I like it.ReplyDelete
Perfect fulfilling snack...Love store bought puff pastries...they are very crisp and nice for baking. Love it with chai:)ReplyDelete