Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Raw Mango (chopped) - 1/4 cup
Carrots (chopped) - 1/4 cup
Green Peas - 1/4 cup
Cashews - 5
Butter or Oil - 2 tbsp
Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Mint/Pudina leaves - 1/4 cup
Green Chillies - 5
Bay Leaf - 1
Cloves/Long/Lavang - 4
Cinnamon/Dalchini - small piece
1. Chop raw mango and peeled carrots into bite sized pieces. Wash rice 3 - 4 times with water and keep it aside.
2. Grind cilantro, mint and green chillies with 1/2 cup water to a fine paste.
3. Heat about 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon. After few minutes, add diced mangoes, carrots and peas. Saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
4. Add drained rice, cashews and saute for a couple of minutes. Add the ground paste, 1 cup water, salt and mix well. Pressure cook to one whistle. Let the pressure in the cooker drop down naturally (15 - 20 minutes) before opening the lid.
5. Mix the pulav and serve with raita.