Wheat Flour - 5 cups
Boiled Potatoes - 2 big
Green Peas - 1 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Kasoori Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves - 2 tbsp
Coriander/Dhania Seeds - 1 tbsp
Fennel/Saunf Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns - 5
Turmeri/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Aamchur or Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Butter or Oil
1. In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, little salt and knead into a soft dough with water. Keep the dough covered for about 2 hours, minimum 30 minutes.
2. Grind kasoori methi, coriander, fennel, cumin, black peppercorns to a fine powder. Grate the ginger. Mash or grate the boiled and peeled potatoes.
3. Heat about 2 tsp oil in a pan and add grated ginger. After few seconds, add green peas. Saute for 8 - 10 minutes at low flame or till the peas are cooked. Add ground powder, turmeric, chat masala, cayenne pepper, salt and saute for about 2 minutes. Lastly add mashed potatoes. Continue cooking at low flame to mix all the ingredients well. Let the stuffing cool.
4. Make round balls (about 2 tbsp) of the stuffing.
5. Make round balls of the wheat dough and roll each one big enough (4 - 5 inches diameter) to hold the stuffing.
6. Place the stuffing in the centre and gather the edges into a round ball. Let the stuffed balls rest for a couple of minutes. Roll the stuffed balls just like roti or slightly thicker.
7. Heat a griddle/tawa and roast rolled stuffed parathas both sides using butter or oil.
8. Serve hot aloo matar paranthas with curd or pickles or curry.
superb combination of aloo n matar ...uma ur paratha looks wonderful dearReplyDelete
Simply superb Uma..easy as well as healthy recipe..thanx for sharing..ReplyDelete
..pictures are too good as recipe ..well directed and detailed!ReplyDelete
Superb combo..looks so yummy and perfect.ReplyDelete
liked he pic which explains any layman how to make paratha..ReplyDelete
Sounds very healthy and looks perfect...ReplyDelete
I love this stuffing combo in parathas..looks yum yum!!ReplyDelete
Filling is really nice with a flavour of kasuri methi, looks very yumReplyDelete
paratha looks yummy. I also do it but slightly diff. way. urs look perfect.ReplyDelete
Droolworthy parathas, wat a delicious filling..ReplyDelete
Good combo of aloo mattar uma,it rocksReplyDelete
great combo, yummyReplyDelete
paratha looks so yummy dear...ReplyDelete