Dill/Shepu/Sabasgi - about 2 cups (chopped)
Wheat Flour - about 2 cups
Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder/Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
How to cook Shepu Poori:
- Roughly chop dill leaves. Crush the cumin seeds in a mortar pestle to a coarse powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped dill, cumin, black pepper powder, red chili powder, turmeric, sugar and salt to taste. Mix well. Add 1 cup wheat flour and start kneading. Now add the other 1 cup wheat flour in small amounts. Add 1 - 2 tbsp water if required. Add 1 tsp oil and knead well to form a firm dough.
- Puri dough is generally firm than chapati dough, since puris are deep fried. If the dough is too soft, puris will absorb more oil. You can add any of your favorite spices to the dough - coriander powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste etc.
- Make small round balls of the dough. Roll each one into small puris (about 3 - 4 inches diameter), dusting some flour. You can apply oil as well for rolling puris.
- Deep fry these rolled puris till they puff up and slightly darken in color. Serve Shepu Puris with ketchup or a chutney or any curry you like.
Shepu Dill puri luks temptingly yumm and healthy recipe too.Luv it.ReplyDelete
Wow this is so interesting ...looks yumReplyDelete
wow delicious and healthy poori...ReplyDelete
Dill puri looks wonderful, definitely flavourful too.ReplyDelete
great dish and surely a must try!!ReplyDelete
Heathy and delicious poori..yumReplyDelete
interesting ...looks yum!ReplyDelete
A healthy one!