Every time I bake a cake or muffins, I look for low calorie options. Today's fruity vanilla muffins are made of milk and not butter. Also, oats and whole wheat flour make it healthier and nutritious.
Apples - 2
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 1/4 cups
Quick Oats - 1 cup
Light Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
Baking Soda - 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon/Dalchini Powder - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
Nuts - 2 tbsp
How to bake Eggless Oats and Apple Muffins:
- In a big bowl, add about 5 cups water and lemon juice. Peel the apple skin and dice it into small pieces. Add the diced apples to the water so that the apples don't turn brown.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients - whole wheat flour, quick oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Line a 12 muffin baking tray with cupcake liners or grease it with cooking spray.
- In another big mixing bowl, add the wet ingredients - oil, milk and pure vanilla extract. Mix well with a whisk or a spoon. To this, add the dry ingredients little at a time. Lastly, add diced apples. (Drain the water of the apples completely.) Mix with a spoon so that all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Instead of olive oil, you can use butter or any oil of your choice. In case you are using vanilla essence, 2 - 3 drops would be sufficient.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the cake batter, about 2/3rd full. Top each muffin with chopped nuts. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear. Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes.