Regular readers might have read my previous posts - Chicken Quesadillas and Mushroom Quesadillas. Recently, we have found ourselves a new favorite. Prawn (Shrimp) quesadillas seasoned with desi Tandoori Masala. Quesadillas with nutrient rich Guacamole makes it a tasty meal.
Whole Wheat Tortillas - 5
Jumbo Prawns/Shrimps - about 20
Onion - 1 medium
Green Bell Pepper/Capsicum - about 1/2 cup
Sweet Bell Peppers - about 1/2 cup
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
Garlic - 2 big cloves
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Tandoori Masala - 1 tbsp
Spanish Paprika - 1/2 tbsp
Cayenne Pepper - 3/4 tsp
Pepper Jack Cheese - about 1 cup
How to prepare Tanduri Shrimp Quesadillas:
- In a mixing bowl, add ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala, Spanish paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, salt and lemon juice. Add cleaned prawns and coat them well. Let the prawns marinate for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with about 2 tsp oil. Add marinated prawns and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Alternately, you can cook the prawns on a grill pan too. After cooling, chop the prawns to small pieces.
- Medium chop onions and bell peppers. Finely chop garlic and cilantro.
- Heat a pan and add about 1 tbsp oil. Add garlic and sauté for few seconds. Add onions and bell peppers. Add little salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Sauté until onions and peppers soften.
- Place a tortilla on a big plate or a chopping board. Add the stuffing on one half of the tortilla, so that the other half can be folded on the stuffing. Add onions, peppers and prawns followed by cheese.
- Heat a flat pan or a grill pan. Grease the pan with cooking spray or oil. Roast the stuffed quesadillas until both sides are slightly brown.