Potatoes and eggs are two of my favorite ingredients which can be cooked in numerous ways. Both blend well with a variety of seasonings, be it with Indian spices, Chinese style or some dry herbs.
Eggs - 5
Onion - 1 medium
Mini Bell Peppers/Capsicum - 2
Garlic - 2 big cloves
Ginger (grated) - 1/2 tsp
Coriander/Cilantro Leaves - few sprigs
Cumin/Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper/Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
How to cook Stir fried Boiled eggs:
- Boil the eggs in about 6 cups water for about 20 minutes. After cooling, peel the shells and dice each egg into two parts.
- Finely chop onions, bell peppers (I used yellow and red), garlic and cilantro.
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add onions, garlic and little salt. Sauté until onions soften. Add bell peppers and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Now add soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. For an additional flavor, you can add 1 tbsp Schezuan sauce too. Sauté for a minute and add halved eggs, cilantro. Cook it covered at low flame for about 5 minutes. Carefully sauté for another minute or so, without mashing the eggs.
- You can try a few variations too. Add chopped or pureed tomatoes if you like a little gravy for the eggs. Also, you can try other seasonings like Tandoori Masala, Kabab Masala, Garam Masala, Chat Masala, Chipotle Seasoning etc.
- Instead of cilantro, you can use kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves or other herbs like pudina/mint as well.