Some days I have a menu planned for our lunch and dinner. Other days, I have no clue what to cook and that seems like the biggest problem of the day. Turns out today, Salmon was my answer. And we enjoyed these zesty fish kababs with a salad and some Cheddar Biscuits.
Salmon or any other fish - 2 pounds
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - few sprigs
Ginger - 2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Lime - 1 (zested and juiced)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Vegetables - Bell Peppers/Capsicum, Onion, Zucchini
Oil or Cooking Spray
How to cook Fish Kababs:
- Soak 5 bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Dice the fish into inch size pieces.
- In a big bowl, add lime zest and juice, oil, freshly grated ginger, finely chopped cilantro, fresh ground black pepper, red chilli powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients well. To this marinade, add fish pieces. Coat the fish well with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Chop the veggies of your choice into inch size cubes. You can also use cherry tomatoes.
- Thread each skewer with veggies and salmon.
- Heat a grill pan and grease it with oil or cooking spray. Grill the skewers until fish colour changes and both veggies and fish are cooked.