Zucchini is one of the local vegetables, I regularly use in our Indian meals. And parathas are our family favorites. Parathas are always a simple meal to plan and taste great with just achar and yogurt. If not yogurt, a Coconut Chutney goes well with any flatbread.
Zucchini - 1 big
Mini Bell Pepper (Red) - 1
Green Onions/Scallions - 6
Green Chili Paste - 1/2 tsp
Jowar/Sorghum/Jola/Jwari Flour - 1/2 cup
Besan/Chickpea Flour/Gram Flour - 1/2 cup
Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
White Sesame Seeds/Til - 1 1/2 tsp
Jaggery/Gud/Gul - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
How to make Zucchini Paratha:
- Grate zucchini. Finely chop bell peppers and green onions.
- In a big mixing bowl, add zucchini, bell peppers and green onions. Now add green chili paste, sesame seeds, fresh ground black pepper, grated jaggery and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and set it aside for about 30 minutes.
- If jaggery is not available, use molasses or sugar. For some spice, you can also add 1/4 tsp Garam Masala or any other spice mix as well.
- After 30 minutes, all the veggies will turn watery. Now add the flours - jowar, chickpea and rice flours. Mix and knead well to form a soft dough. Lastly, add 1 tsp oil and knead again. Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 balls. Roll each one as thin as possible, dusting some rice flour.
- Heat a griddle/tawa and roast both sides of the rolled paratha until golden brown. Apply little oil while roasting.