Its been ages I cooked Roti Sabji in my kitchen. Its either no fuss pastas or one pot meals. Well, today I made an easy Aloo Baingan Masala to go with soft phulkas. A simple and homey no onion garlic meal with very few ingredients.
Potatoes - 2 big
Brinjal/Eggplant/Baingan - 6 small
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Cilantro/Coriander/Dhania Leaves - few sprigs
Turmeric/Haldi - 1/4 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
How to cook No Onion Garlic Aloo Baingan:
- Peel the potatoes and dice it into bite size cubes. Place them in a bowl of water.
- Next, discard the stems of the eggplants and chop them into bite size pieces. Add the eggplants too in another bowl of water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the potatoes and sauté for about a minute. Next, add eggplants and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Now add 2 cups of water and cook it covered until both veggies are cooked.
- Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes into bite size pieces. If you are not a fan of tomatoes, you can skip the tomatoes. Finely chop cilantro leaves.
- Lastly, add all the seasonings - turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, salt and tomatoes, cilantro. Instead of garam masala, you can use any other seasoning like Sambar Masala, Curry Powder and so on.
- Cook it covered until tomatoes are cooked. Taste for seasonings and add more water if required.