Weekends call for something special. How about an effortless Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake with Peanut Butter Cups? A sweet treat ready in less than a minute.
Today's pastry chef is my 7 year old. My kiddo enthusiastically prepped and microwaved this tiny double chocolate cake. I played the sous chef, providing all the ingredients.... clicking pictures. We both had fun baking together. Hope you all love my mini chef's baking venture.
All Purpose Flour/Maida - 2 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
Light Brown Sugar or Sugar - 2 tbsp
Whole Milk - 4 tbsp
Oil or melted butter - 1 tbsp
Green Cardamom Pods/Elaichi - 2 (seeds only)
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Peanut Butter Cups or any other chocolate topping
How to make a Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake with Peanut Butter Cups?
- Crush the cardamom seeds in a mortar pestle. Instead of cardamom, use any flavor of your choice - cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, almond extract and so on.
- In a dry microwave safe mug, add the dry ingredients - all purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, powdered cardamom and salt.
- Next, add the liquids - milk and oil. Whisk well.
- Finally, top it with peanut butter cups or chocolate kisses or chocolate chips or shaved chocolate bar. 4 peanut butter cups made it too sweet for me. My kiddo loved it. Based on your preference, add more or less of the sweet toppings.
- Microwave for 50 seconds. Let the cake cool in the mug for 5 minutes. Cake will continue to cook a little in the hot mug. Depending on your microwave, cooking time may vary.
Enjoy! See you soon with more mug cake recipes.