Hey everyone! Hope you are having an amazing day! Few days ago, I had blogged about Ragi Chakli. My kiddo loved the taste, but wanted the Chakli to look golden brown like French Fries. To suit my child's taste, I have started making Gluten Free Multigrain Chakli or Murukku with 5 varieties of flours and potato. Hope you all love it too.
Rice Flour - 1/4 cup
Ragi/Nachni/Finger Millet Flour - 1/4 cup
Besan/Chickpea Flour - 1/4 cup
Jwari/Jowar Flour - 1/4 cup
Bajri Flour - 1/4 cup
Boiled Mashed Potato - 1 big (about 1 cup)
White Sesame Seeds/Til - 2 tsp
Carom Seeds/Ajwain/Owa - 1 tsp
Kashmiri Lal/Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Ground Black Pepper - 1 tsp
Dark Brown Sugar - 1 tsp
Turmeric/Haldi Powder - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
How to cook Glutenfree Multigrain Potato Chakli:
- In a big mixing bowl, add all flours, peeled mashed potato, sesame seeds, carom seeds, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, turmeric and salt. Mix well. Now add water, little at a time and knead to make a soft dough. Lastly, add 1 tbsp oil and knead for a few seconds.
- Cover the bowl with plastic food wrap and let it rest for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Paprika is a good substitute for mild, yet bright red Kashmiri Lal Chili Powder.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Divide the dough in 2 or 3 balls, depending on how big or small your Chakli Maker is. Grease the inner part of the Chakli Maker with oil. Place the star shaped plate and add one dough ball. Close the lid.
- When oil turns medium hot, hold the chakli maker above the frying pan. Carefully turn the handle so that the star shaped dough falls in the oil.
- Alternatively, you can make round chakli/murukku on a parchment paper and slide it carefully into medium hot oil.
- Deep fry chakli until color changes slightly on both sides. Remove chakli when bubbling of oil stops.
- Taste fried chakli for salt and other seasonings. Repeat the same for remaining dough and deep fry in batches. Let chakli cool down completely before storing in an airtight container.
Enjoy Crunchy Munchy Gluten Free Chakli anytime!
Post a Comment
Comments, Suggestions and Feedback are welcome.
Any comment with a Link/URL or any kind of promotion will not be published.