Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well. My part of the world is blessed with perfect Goldilocks weather. Neither hot nor cold. I love cooking fried food on such cloudy days. Air frying is such a wonderful alternative these days. So, here I am with a Marathi style Bharleli Bhendi cooked to crisp perfection in an air fryer. This desi Stuffed Okra recipe is ideal for vegans and also for festive Indian cooking with No Onion Garlic.
Okra/Bhindi/Bhendi - 20
Roasted Peanut Powder - 3 tbsp
White Sesame Seeds/Til - 1 tbsp
Dry Desiccated Coconut - 1 tbsp
Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder - 1 tsp
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Cooking Spray or Oil
How to cook Bharwa Bhindi in an airfryer:
- Pat the washed okra dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a food processor, add peanut powder, sesame seeds, coconut, lal mirch powder, chat masala and salt. Pulse it until all the ingredients are mixed well. Taste this mix for salt and other seasonings.
- Feel free to add ginger, garlic too if you like. I did not add any, since I was cooking for a No Onion Garlic meal.
- Grease the airfryer tray with cooking spray or oil.
- Make a slit in each okra and stuff it generously with the dry peanut mix. Place all the stuffed okra on the greased tray. Spray some more cooking spray on the stuffed okra.
- Air fry stuffed okra at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes or until okra is cooked to your desired crispness.