Green Cabbage/Pata Gobi stuffed Parothas with a fenugreek flavour.
Wheat Flour - 3 cups
Green Cabbage - about 250 gms Kasuri Methi/Dry Fenugreek Leaves - 1 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala/Aamchur - 1/4 tsp Garam Masala or any spice mix - 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Butter or Oil Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, add the wheat flour, little salt and knead into a soft dough using water. Use 1 tbsp oil to make it softer. Cover and keep aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Finely chop cabbage leaves. Avoid adding stems, rolling becomes inconvenient. 3. Cabbage Stuffing: Heat about 1 tsp oil in a kadhai/wok and add cumin seeds. After few seconds, add chopped cabbage. Stir fry till cabbage turns soft. Add salt, chat masala, garam masala, crushed kasuri methi and saute till moisture is lost completely. Stuffing must be dry. Let it cool completely.
4. Make round balls of the wheat dough and roll each one big enough to hold the cabbage stuffing. Place 1 - 2 tbsp stuffing in the centre and gather into a round ball again. Let the stuffed balls rest for a minute or so.
5. Roll each stuffed ball gently as per desired thickness, dusting wheat flour.
6. Heat a griddle/tawa and roast rolled stuffed parathas both sides using butter or oil. While roasting, press the paratha with a spatula to cook it evenly.
7. Serve hot Gobi Parothas with curd, chutney, ketchup or curry.