There are some ingredients which I always keep handy. Among those are two chutneys - a spicy Mint (Pudina) chutney and a sweet sour Dates Tamarind Chutney. When these chutneys are ready, making Bhel Puri for our evening snack is quite easy.
Puffed Rice/Mamra/Kurmure - 5 cups
Roasted Peanuts/Groundnuts - 2 tbsp
Roasted Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans/Chana - 2 tbsp
Boiled Potato - 1 medium
Raw Mango - 1 small
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp
Mint Cilantro Chutney (hot) - about 1 tbsp
Dates Tamarind Chutney (sweet sour) - about 1 tbsp
How to make Indian Bhel Puri:
- Finely chop onion, tomato, mango and peeled boiled potato.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped onions, tomatoes, mangoes, potatoes, roasted peanuts, roasted chickpeas, green chutney, sweet sour chutney, salt and chat masala. Mix all the ingredients well. Add puffed rice and mix again.
- No exact amount or specific ingredients for this recipe. Skip the veggies you don't like. Add chutneys more or less to suit your taste.
- While serving, crack few crisp puris on top. Add shev and serve with a flat puri.
- For the recipes of green chutney, sweet sour chutney, home made puris click on the links in the ingredients list above.
Bhelpuri, it looks tasty and a best snack in the evenings.ReplyDelete
This is my all time favourite street food ,, you got it right with perfect blend of all ingredients .. looks too goodReplyDelete
bhel is looking lovely and tempting:)ReplyDelete
bhel is my fav chat.. your recipe sounds yummy..ReplyDelete
evertime favorite snack.ReplyDelete
i love bhelpuri always... my all time favourite... i will take that plate....ReplyDelete
looks great, perfect for teaReplyDelete
Looks very tempting..my favorite.ReplyDelete
A scrummy one..feeling like to have it in the evening snack....ReplyDelete
Quick & easy yet a very delicious chaat..ReplyDelete
My fav street food. gr8 as an evening snack.ReplyDelete
An all time favourite. Ur ingredients are perfect and the click looks tempting too.ReplyDelete
Bhel is my all time fav chat ... yum yum yum ... can eat it every single day :)ReplyDelete
This is always a favorite snack of mine... Looks sooo tasty :)ReplyDelete
Good to see and great to enjoy eating.ReplyDelete